Dr. Bryan A. Miller, D.C. received his Chiropractic degree from Western States Chiropractic College. His unique ability as a healer is the result of extensive knowledge of the body’s systems and functioning, gained through more than 20 years of on-going studies in...Read More
Pancha Karma is a complete Ayurvedic lifestyle and educational program based on the Science of Life and sessions are normally experienced during the change of seasons. These Pancha Karma cleansing and rejuvenating sessions can be provided at our Ayurvedic Retreat Center or in...Read More
Light Miller, ND., DD. received her B.S. in Social Science from UC Berkeley, became a Certified Massage Therapist at the LA School of Massage in 1967 and has since acquired over 32 years experience as a health practitioner. In addition to providing individual health counseling...Read More
Join us for our GRAND OPENING on Saturday, September 20th, 2014 from 1pm- 6pm.
Ayurvedic College Degrees and Guru Kula Style Programs
provided by Drs. Light & Bryan Miller
The Ayurveda AA College Degree on Vedic Philosophy and Science , classroom hours and Guru Kula style ( Hands on ) is devised in four phases, Ayurvedic Practitioner (Guru Kula I) and the Ayurvedic Health Counselor (Guru Kula 2). Phase 3 is a Bachelor Degree Panchakarma Technician. Each phase includes an intensive of 1-2 weekends a month for 9 months. Inquire about about our other degrees, Masters and PhD on Ayurveda . This program is designed for individuals who have already completed their education as an integrative practitioner or allied healthcare professional (LMT, Acupuncturist, Yoga Instructor, DC, MD, DO) those seeking new career opportunities and others looking for a deep understanding of Ayurveda. This program is also designed to integrate the education needed to provide Ayurvedic services to communities all over the world!
The mission of this program is to train our most qualified students to prepare them to perform Ayurvedic consultations and offer healing & transformational Ayurvedic lifestyle recommendations.
This unique Ayurvedic Program is the only one of its kind in the East coast of the United States. Taught by Drs. Light and Bryan Miller, who bring an interactive approach to training Ayurvedic Counselors & Lifestyle Coaches, by embracing Ayurveda in their personal lifestyle and passing on their tools with a Naturopathic perspective. Through their experience over the past 35 years, the Millers have trained over 500 Ayurvedic Counselors and Lifestyle Coaches.
Our next Guru Kula I Program in Hollywood, Florida will begin on September 27th , 2014. For more information please visit the Ayurvedic Center for Well Being at 2119 A Hollywood Blvd , Hollywood Florida 33020, contact us by phone at 954 923-4444 or cell 941-806-7760 via email.
Q & A
Who will benefit from the college Level degree Programs?
Those who are already students, healthcare practitioners, teachers, doctors. yogis and any person looking to utilize the knowledge of Ayurveda to themselves and others.
What is the training cost?
Tuition for the Guru Kula Program Phase I is $4,500.00 USD. The Guru Kula Program Phase II is $3,500 USD, each. In addition, the course materials (books) are $395.00 and $60.00 for additional books needed., all lab fees are additional. Meals and supplies (oil’s, herbs, etc…) are extra . Returning students will receive a 40% discount on tuition only.
Are there any prerequisites? A High School diploma or equivalence .
It is recommended, but not required, to undergo at least a 5 day Panchakarma treatment.
How many hours can I expect to study? The program is an intensive 9 month experience. Hours of study outside the classroom average about 1 to 2 hours per evening . Hours in the classroom are from 10a.m.-6p.m. or 8a.m.-6p.m. for yoga. For level I the classes are 2 weekends a month. For level 2 and up , classes are 1 weekend a month. Study groups can are available with advance graduates for a fee of $ 25.00. Prior to beginning of the Guru Kula I Program, students are advised to read the manuals and books for the course .
What will I be trained to do once I am certified ?
Determine the body constitution (prakruti) and imbalances (vikruti)
Incorporate Ayurvedic diagnostic techniques (including pulse reading, tongue, and face/Marma Points)
Perform a complete Ayurvedic Consultation
Suggest effective Ayurvedic herbal blends
Create and blend medicinal oils by applying Aromatherapy
Perform body detoxification (liver, cleanse)
Provide diet guidelines
Cook an Ayurvedic menu
Make appropriate Ayurvedic lifestyle recommendations to overcome health imbalances
What happens after program completion?
Ayurvedic College will provide a degree to the students that complete the program satisfactorily. Graduates will also be eligible to apply independently for NAMA Ayurvedic Practitioner National membership.
For more information call 941- 806 -7760Read More
Dear Prospective Guru Kula Student:
You may ask yourself “Why would I want to enroll in the Guru Kula Program?”
• Because I recognize that Ayurveda is an ancient body of knowledge that is highly adaptable and appropriate for today’s health problems.
• Because I am a healer dedicated to helping other people.
• Because I am a lifetime learner and dedicated to acquiring new bodies of knowledge and skill sets.
Ayurvedic Healers Guru Kula program is set up to give you a foundation in this ancient science.
This is given to you in 4 forms:
• A 4 module, 1000 page work book introducing you to Ayurveda
• Additional books which are classics in the field and vital for any practitioner
• Hands on practice in working with Essential Oils, Herbs, foods, and patients.
• Observation of a Master Practitioner in practice
Any body of knowledge can be mastered. There are 4 stages in mastering:
1. Unconscious incompetence (this is where you were prior to the Guru Kula program, prior to your Ayurvedic training). In other words, you don’t know what you don’t know.
2. Conscious incompetence, this is where you are now. You are aware that Ayurveda exists, you have an inkling that it can be valuable to your purpose, you have the desire to serve others and you have no abilities for the appropriate use of the materials.
3. Conscious competence: this is where you will be upon completion of the Guru Kula program. You will have a body of knowledge at your disposal! You will have a general idea of how to apply this knowledge, yet for each patient you will, by necessity, have to refer back to your books and notes in order to be competent with you newly found skills.
4. Unconscious competence: This is the level of mastery. This is what we wish for all of our students to obtain. This is the pinnacle of Ayurveda in action where no thought is necessary, all knowledge is readily available. No notes or books needed for reference,
We would like to join with you in your journey from unconscious incompetence to unconscious competence and are fully prepared to take you there in the program where all that you will need will provided.
Bring Your Passion!
Drs. Bryan and Light Miller!